Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SB Graduation 2009

My latest hobby is crafting! :) And I am somehow hooked on channel 8 dramas (yes, shocking!) but I don't know the name of the shows... I just go, its the Christopher show now. Or "oooh.. Can't wait for the Zoe Tay show". :P



Messy messy!



My flower pretty right?



Poppy-up art! :)



3 dimensional!



I am really proud of my final work although it does seem a little kiddish. Hee. The cloud and the stars are hanging so they can swing swing when you shake the frame. :D



Yesterday was convocation... Been ages since I went back to SP. Come to think of it, it has been awhile since I took the mrt at all. Was pretty shocked to see "priority seats" become "reserved seats" with such HUGE signs designed to embarrass thick-skin ppl who need to be instructed on the right thing to do.

Whether it works anot, it remains to be seen. But for starters, I sure am not gonna sit on them.



The big banner tt greeted me as I walked in frm Dover station left me quite jittery with a million butterflies in my stomach.. What if I stumble on stage???

First thing first, was lunch. :) Brought the old bird back to his alma mater's canteen. Food court 6!!! Its like symbolic to eat there for one last time and many graduates must hv had the same thoughts as the place was packed!

Got dressed in stiffling formal wear (hate it!) and thumped a lift back to the convention centre frm Fifi's dad.



Hello! I am Joy harrypotter Chua. ^^



My one and only guest, Zest Goh Jun Hong. :)

If not for him, I wld hv skipped this memorable occassion. Bcoz I would nv turn up alone even though many do. I just won't lah...



Excitedly taking photos around the Convention Centre.



While others chose to talk and mingle.



At last, its starting!!! I was seated at w35 between Ming Jun and Terri.



I kept reminding myself to keep smiling as I walked towards the School of Business director. But when my name was read out by the computer, my mind went blank and I was just silently wishing I would not fall flat on my face. Sigh.



Ordered photos for $5 though. Hope I looked fine.

Actually aft collecting my transcripts, I spent ages in the toilet with Clarise and Tiffany taking photos and plotting our escape. When we eventually returned to our seats, I sneaked away before the valedictorian speech (spell, boring!) and was already at train station with Zest when I changed by mind and went back to take photos. Haha.



Me and Guoquan.



Me, Jess, Lisi and Meishyuan.



Jess, me and Anna.



Yiling, Jeanette and me.



Catherine and me. She got diploma with merit leh!



Fifi darling and me!



Fifi, me and Cheeleng.



Fifi, me and Xinyi.



3 of us again with food this time.



Me, Fifi, Xinyi, Novin and George!!! The China ITP ppl... Loves~



Sze Ying, my colleague in OCBC Shanghai.



Ceyang, Cheeleng and me.



Me and Jing Xian who ran away before me.. :P



Xinyi, Cheeleng, me and Jing Xian.



Me and Zest, my official photographer and bag carrier (bcoz I keep forgetting and leaving it on the floor). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!



Liang Ying and me. She even more pro. Not only diploma with merit, she won some extra award. Ahhh!!! I shld hv studied harder. :(



Fifi and me with balloon.



Fifi and me without ballon.



Cheeleng and me..



Fifi, Cheeleng and me.



Haha.. For some reason Zest approached Chris Cheong (his ex trading teacher too) and we ended up taking a photo.



Melvin and me.



Jeremy, his cool hair, and me.



Dancing balloons!



Me with the background of my fellow graduands.



My last view of SP and the cohort of 2009. It has been an eventful 3 years. :)

Thankfully I brought a change of clothing. When I removed the robes, my formal shirt was totally soaked through. Taking photos sure is a hot hot affair!

Since we were already on the other side of the island, we went even further to Boon Lay for Kushinbo! Haha.. Its extravagance but since its a celebratory dinner, we heck care. Oops!



Piles of snow crab! Yum!



Big big legs wor...



The boy cutely brought back a plate of teppanyaki mushrooms happily exclaiming,

"I know you like mushrooms so I choose mushrooms!"

Poor thing. I had to burst his bubble by saying I totally adore mushrooms.... Just not shiitake. Don't like the strong taste and he had to finish it all on his own. :(



I love sushi though. And sashimi too! Sweet sweet salmon.



I like teapot soup too!

I did my research! So I discovered on someone's blog when the restaurant plays the music "Ding, ding, ding, 1, 2, 3" we hv to go queue up for exclusive dishes only for the first 30 20 customers!!!

So like true Singaporeans, we chionged to queue barely when the music started! Haha!



V v v v unique shellfish reminded me of China Club, one of the best places I hv dined in Singapore.



The nxt "ding ding" we got crepes! This time we were faster. HOHOHO!



There were 2 flavours. Red bean and whipped cream or Banana and chocolate. I got the banana one and Zest got jealous coz mine is nicer. Woots~!



The 3rd "ding ding" was cheese-baked lobsters! By then, I was stuffed so I didn't go queue but he was nice and shared.



Hahaha... Lucky lobster.



The 4th and final "ding ding" was frozen strawberries! I likeeee! Considering the "ding dings" are every 1hr or so, you can roughly get an idea of how long we ate.. :P



Soft-serve ice cream, my favourite!



I got a little greedy with the desserts. :P



Last but not least, I express developed one of the photos taken earlier and gave him his 'thank you' present.

Yups, I know its not necessary... But you really hv no idea how much graduation means to me. I hv been looking forward to this day since my first day in SP and without hesistation, I indicated my attendance the moment the option became available. I marked out the date and I started planning celebrations aft. So when mama told me they weren't gonna attend bcoz of a holiday, overnight, all my dreams vanished. I was really mad at her and did not talk to her for a wk. I deliberately did not collect my robes till the v last min and I finally did bcoz you promised I wld not be alone. So it is a big deal to me (really) and I am very grateful tt thanks to you, I didn't miss it. So don't be all humble when I say "thank you" yeah?

Thank You.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just randomly, this is one wondergirl I wld encourage my boyfriend (if I had one) to fall in love with. So cuteeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home